What is Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) / FASTag?
NHAI has rolled out program for Electronic Toll Collection on Toll Plazas on National Highways to be called FASTag.
FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas. FASTag has a validity of 5 years and after purchasing it, you only need to recharge/ top up the FASTag as per your requirement.
FASTag offers near non-stop movement of vehicles through toll plazas and the convenience of cashless payment of toll fee with nation-wide interoperable Electronic Toll Collection Services.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Ease of payment – No need to carry cash for the toll transactions, saves time
- near non-stop movement of vehicles leading to lower fuel cost.
- Online Recharge – FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking
- SMS alerts for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
- Online Portal for customers
- Validity of 5 Years
- Incentive: You can avail cash back of 10% on all Toll payments using FASTag
- Other benefits are:
||• Reduced air pollution
||• Reduced use of paper
||• Reduced toll payment hassles
||• Analytics for better highway management
|(c) Economic benefit:
||• Reduced effort in management at toll plaza
||• Reduced effort in monitoring centrally